Thompson's Chewable Vitamin C 500mg is buffered, a technique which counteracts gastric irritation which is a common problem with ordinary Vitamin C tablets. This formula may help relieve symptoms of colds, flu and hayfever due to its ability to boost the immune system. The addition of lemon bioflavonoids, rosehips and acerola not only aids in the absorption of Vitamin C by the body, but also contributes to the delicious taste, increasing compliance particularly in children and teenagers. Thompson's chewable Vitamin C range is flavoured with real orange extract.
Indications for Use:
Numerous experimental, clinical and population studies show that Vitamin C intake benefits the body by protecting boosting immune function, guarding against damage from pollution and cigarette smoke, enhancing wound repair and reducing the risk of cataracts.
High doses of vitamin C can help to decrease the release of inflammatory mediators involved in allergic reactions.
Vitamin C is well-known as an essential nutrient; essential because the body doesn't manufacture it's own Vitamin C - it must be obtained from diet or in supplement form. It's widely known that Vitamin C plays a vital nutritional role in preventing colds and associated ills, chills and infections. But far less universally known is this versatile vitamin’s effectiveness in dealing with allergies, and helping to heal wounds and skin ulcers.
Vitamin C is key in maintaining connective tissue, helping cholesterol metabolise normally, and aiding the production of cortisol by the adrenal glands. It is biochemically active in the production of collagen for both skin and bones, and in synthesising the hormone noradrenalin that governs pulse rate and blood pressure.
As an antioxidant, Vitamin C is a potent scavenger of free radicals, protecting against tissue damage caused by chemical pollutants, cigarette smoke and environmental toxins.
Adults - take 1-2 tablets daily, or as professionally prescribed.
People with blood sugar issues such as diabetics due to the glucose content.
Not to be used in children under two years of age without medical advice.